Monday 19 August 2019

Yellow Legged Gull and ' Polish Swan '

Another text from Bri who has been camped out at Fly Flatts forever ( inspirational )..A juv Yellow Legged Gull on the shoreline , I viewed from the road which was not perfect in the wind but there was only one gull present with massive body and white head , .!! One Kestrel , 1 Meadow Pipit and a stunning young male Sparrowhawk were the only birds of note...
  Shibden Park was busy with birds , 40 + House Martin over the lake with a few Swallows mixed in . 30 + Mallard , 15 Coot , and  7 Mute Swan including the very cute Polish Swan which is born white and does not have the brown juvenile plumage.... ( far left on pic)  Many thanks to Mick Cunningham for comments on Yellow legged Gull and Polish Swan.....


1 comment:

Brian Sumner . said...

Glad you got the gull Andy.I,ve only to get out of taking the wife out in the afternoons and doing my jobs on an evening and I can stay up there full time. The YW man up there asked me today if I lived in the car by the water.