Wednesday 30 May 2018

Seawatch 2

 I wanted to try and get some good views of European Storm Petrel and this was looking like a good opportunity so I headed for a small headland just to the south of Coverack. I could see about 5 skimming over the water and dipping there feet in the surf . They were as close as they could be about 100 meters away , I could see them fanning there tails and showing off there white rumps. A very active species and you can easily loose them behind a wave and then they will pop up 20 feet away in a different direction. The most I had together was 6 but there must have been at least 30 + in the couple of hours I spent there all headind North east along the coast . 100's of Manx Shearwaters ,Gannets , Gullimots , Kittiwakes and 12  Sandwich Terns made for a great morning.

No comments: