Sunday 31 January 2016

North Lincolnshire

Dropped into Cleethorpes country park on the way to Covenham reservoir to see a Red Necked Grebe which I have not seen for a few years. It showed very well and  as I was a bit short of time I headed off after taking in all the id points. To my surprise there were also  2 Slavonian grebes on the same lake ,so I gave them a good looking at and headed off.
    Covenham was covered in boats so all the birds kept on being flushed and this made viewing difficult. Great Crested Grebe and Little Grebe showed well making 4 grebes in a day but the Black necked reported earlier on in the week was not showing,  the highlight was 23 male Goldeneye calling and displaying in the south east corner. A couple of Little Egrets flew in front of the car as I headed on. A large flock of Yellowhammer (30+) caught  my eye and after a few minutes looking through them a couple of Corn Buntings popped into view, A juv female Peregrine was watched chasing crows and a large flock of lapwing (400+)was about it...................
 

No comments: